Speaking to the participants during the visit to polymeric plant in Kiyanly, President of the Republic of Korea Moon Jae-in expressed the gratitude to President Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedov for warm welcome in Turkmen land and opportunity to visit petrochemical complex in Kiyanly.
- Opening of this facility has started new stage in economic cooperation of two countries. Let me extend my respect to the efforts of specialists who implemented this large-scale project in complicated climate conditions for 47 months, having built high technological complex on the area that exceeds the size of football field by 70 times, - Moon Jae-in said.
The President of the Republic of Korea noted that petrochemical complex in Kiyanly is the largest joint project from the moment of establishment of diplomatic relations between two countries.
- This major project, where around three billion US dollars have been invested, became an example of successful model of cooperation, efficient consolidation of efforts of the Government and private sectors, financial structures of two countries. Consortium of Hyundai and LG companies have successfully implemented number of projects in Turkmenistan for the past period. During the construction of the plant, Korean companies have not only fulfilled their part of works but also supported Turkmen side at other part, owing to which the facility was finished on time. As the President of the Republic of Korea, I am very proud of it, - Moon Jae-in said.
- I would like to make special mention of the level of safety during construction. There was no any accident for 1,400 days. This is the achievement, which does not happen very often at construction sites of such expansion. I would like to extend the gratitude to Turkmen side for creation of necessary conditions for specialists of all levels.
- I believe that the complex in Kiyanly, which was personally opened by President Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedov last October, is the beginning of bilateral economic cooperation. The potential of Turkmenistan is not only in natural resources but also in measured strategy of industrial diversification and in the course toward creation of innovative processing facilities. In addition, the country receives the status of transit and transport hub of Eurasian continent. It echoes with New Northern Policy of the Republic of Korea, which is aimed at the activation of the partnership with Central Asian countries, - Moon Jae-in noted.
- Yesterday, me and President Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedov expressed mutual intent to the expansion of bilateral cooperation and agreed to continue cooperation of fuel and energy complex as well as outlined new vectors of the partnership. The Government of the Republic of Korea would support actively the implementation of all plans. As the President, I would support the expansion of the presence of Korean companies in Turkmen market, - high-rank guest said.
The Republic of Korea highly appreciates the efforts of the President of Turkmenistan for development of friendship and cooperation between two countries and nations, Moon Jae-in noted in the end of his speech, having expressed the confidence that two states would put joint efforts for progress and prosperity.
Copyright 2012-2019 The state news agency of Turkmenistan - Turkmenistan today